Steps to Prepare Your Home for Professional Carpet Cleaning
Carpets can last many years, but it’s important to take extra care of them and have professional cleanings on a regular basis to improve longevity. In preparation for your next deep cleaning, there are a few things you need to do to get ready before a carpet cleaning professional arrives.
- Remove furniture: Remove all items of furniture from the area that is being cleaned, if items are non-moveable or too heavy just place them out of the way against the wall. It’s also best to put away any delicate items that you don’t want to risk being broken, just in case.
- Take pets out: Most people love animals, and although they are very cute, they can sometimes get in the way of doing the job, so take them out or entertain them in a separate room so the professionals can do their job.
- Find the issues you want solved: Have a look at your carpet and write down any spots, high-traffic areas, or stains you find. This way when the professionals arrive, you can communicate with them, any areas you feel may need certain attention.
- Vacuum: Try to remove most of the dirt and debris before your carpet cleaners arrive
- Kids: If you have children, keep them away. Not only can they get in the way, but they can also put themselves in danger by being around chemicals. It’s best if you let the carpet cleaning company get on with their job peacefully to get the best outcomes.
You now know what needs to be done and how it should be done. Working with knowledgeable and skilled carpet cleaning professionals such as Impressions will increase the effectiveness of the professional carpet cleaning service.